By supercritical fluid extraction with natural carbon dioxide, no solvent residues, no inorganic salts, no heavy metals, no reproducible microorganisms. The product represents the fraction of semi-solid seabuckthorn lipids which have been separated purely by physical procedures.
Lipids with elevated melting point, consisting mainly of palmitic acid (C16:0) and palmitoleic acid (C16:1), traces of carotenoids
In the cosmetic industry for manufacturing of soaps and other skin caring products.
Palmitoleic acid is rarely found in plant oils but being a component of skin lipids especially suitable for taking care of the skin.
The product is manufactured from the named raw material. It is 100 % natural, it contains no additives and no othertechnical adjuncts.
unopened container under cool and dry storage conditions and exclusion of light at least 5 years.
Growing Sea Buckthorn:
Sea Buckthorn is undemanding, cold resistant plant, which can grow into the beautiful bush or tree depending of the soil, climate and watering. The plant will reward the grower with nature made multivitamins at the age of about 5 years.
Sea Buckthorn berries are clustered on the branch like shiny orange gems. They will remain on the branch all winter extending the harvesting period in colder regions.
Oil from Sea Buckthorn berry is a deep red color due to its high carotene content which includes valuable lycopene. Fruit Oil is the most potent source of palmitoleic acid (C16:1) with values as high as 34%. This fatty acid supports cellular regeneration as a component of the skin fat and creates a silky soft and smooth feeling to the skin.
In addition, it contains carotenoids, tocopherols and phytosterols. Among the carotenes found in Sea Buckthorn are alpha - and beta - carotene, lycopene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, taraxanthin and phytofluin. Its low peroxide value makes it a very stable oil.
Sea Buckthorn fruit oil also contains flavonoids, omega 3 and 6, DHA and numerous trace elements. The oil is a valuable ingredient in topical applications as well as nutraceutical formulations. It has long been used to promote the healing of burns and is an ingredient in several commercial sunscreen and cosmetic products.
Berries of Sea Buckthorn are one of the best known natural sources of vitamins A, C, E, carotenes, and are rich in several B vitamins, EFA's, flavonoids, etc. Both male and female plants are required to have the berries. The fruit is high in Effaces and other rare lipids, amino acids and a vitamin C concentration higher than that found in oranges or even kiwi. The Buckthorn berry contains 8 vitamins, 24 minerals, and 18 amino acids.
Fatty Acid Profile:
- Origin of the plant - Central Europe and can also be found in Russia, South Siberia and Scandinavia and Canada.
- Dosage recommendation is 1 to 2%. Since color will be imparted to the final cosmetic product, the lower level of 1% is probably more desirable. As a matter of interest the color is due to the presence of cartenoids.
A 1 - 3% dilution in the carrier oil of your choice should be sufficient to give your skin the beneficial effect.
- The product is rich in palmitoleic acid (C16:1) which is rarely found at such levels in plant oils. This fatty acid supports as a component of the skin fat, the cellular regeneration (wound healing) and provides an elegant skin feeling (restoring skin tissue).
- The product is an effective skin care remedy and cosmetic aid with nourishing, revitalizing and restorative action. Biological studies have suggested that the restorative and rejuvenative properties present in the extract may be due in part to its high content of essential fatty acids, carotenes, tocopherols and phytosterols, elements which are all important in the maintenance of healthy skin.
Sea Buckthorn oil is widely used to promote the recovery of various skin conditions, including:
- rosacea, eczema
- burns, bed sores and poorly healing wounds,
- as well as the skin damaging effects of sun, therapeutic radiation treatment
- laser surgery
- skin ulcers
- acne & dermatitis of various forms.
Research indicates that cosmetics containing Sea Buckthorn can actually improve metabolism and retard skin maturation, thus slowing the aging process, possibly because of the effects of its high levels of Vit A & E.
Not only does it enhance immune activity and disease resistance, but it also destroys harmful free radicals fund in our bodies. It is the high levels of Vit A & Vit E that are the perfect free radical scavenger for your skin.
The high level of natural Vit E in this extract should give it a shelf life of well over one to five years.
External use only.
Do not use undiluted on the skin.
Keep away from children & pets.
Store away from heat, in a cool dark area.
Information within this site is for educational purposes only. Statements about the product efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. The products mentioned within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As always, please consult your Medical Doctor for any medical advice or treatment.
No part of this Web site may be reproduced in whole or in part without the explicit written permission of SunRose Aromatics