- Stable vegetable oil. Shelf life 2-3 years. When stored properly in a cool dry place.
Protect from direct heat sources.
Baobab oil is not an essential or volatile oil. Since it is a 'fixed' oil, or 'carrier' oil,
it will not burn when used neat on the skin.
- in small percentages in creams, lotions, body butters and other skin care formulations.
- easily and quickly absorbed by the skin.
- leaves minimal residue or greasiness.
- serves well for intensive hair care.
- moisturize skin.
- helps improve skin elasticity.
- encourages regeneration of skin cells.
- does NOT clog pores.
Anecdotal evidence indicates the oil alleviates pain from burns and regenerates the epithelial tissues in a short time, thereby improving skin tone and elasticity.
Baobab oil contains: Vitamins A, D, E and F.
- Vitamins A and F (polyunsaturated fatty acid) actively involved in the rejuvenation and renewal of cell membranes.
- Vitamin E is a superior antioxidant, which is said to fight aging.
- Omega 3,6, and 9 content the oil is helpful in formulations for treating eczema and psoriasis.
- External use only.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Containers should be kept tightly closed in order to minimize contamination.
- Store in cool (< 75 F), dry, well ventilated area.
- Store away from heat & light.
Cool temperatures may result in coagulation of the fat molecules and appearance of 'ghosts' in the oil. Slow and gentle reheating allows the 'ghosts' to disappear.
above information from supplier's 'technical data' sheet.