Hydrosols are an aqueous product of steam/hydro distillation. Period. They are not
spring water with added essential oils. Quality hydrosols are produced by distilling fresh plant material.
Straight from the Artisan Distiller to you. This hydrosol is distilled from organic Frankincense Resins. Truly unique. Frankincense is excellent for skin. We use it externally for a lovely facial toner.
Stability & shelf Life:
Unknown. The odor begins to diminish after 18 months, but the properties seem to be consistent up to two years of more depending on storage.
Floral waters, also known as Hydrosols, make excellent toners. Usually containing a very small amount of essential oil and water soluble extracts of the plant. A toner is the first step in adding moisture to the skin's surface.
- wonderful for skin care
- For meditation, ritual work, with crystals or any form of energy healing.
- Comforting action is helpful for states linked to the past.
- Known to deepen and expand breathing & open airways.
- Has been used for topical applications. Some skin conditions known to respond well to frankincense
- Fantastic on the skin. Mist over the face and let air dry. Gives new life to aging skin. Smooths out wrinkles! A real tonic to the skin.
- effective with wounds
- use in face masks for an instant lift (instead of water)
Hydrosols can be used in several different ways including:
- Atomizer: Spritz directly on body and face, or in air and inhale.
- Compress: Dampen clean cloth with hydrosol (hot or cold) apply to affected area for aches & sprains.
- Facial masks: a perfect facial toner, substitute this instead of water.
- Skin care & Herbal formulations.
- Bath: Add 1- 2 Cups of Hydrosol to bath and enjoy!
Extraordinary. The scent is sweeter than the oil, slightly resinous, like the conifers can be.
Martin Watt - Medical Herbalist - Natural Beauty
Wanda Sellar - Directory of Essential Oils
Suzanne Catty - Hydrosols - The Next Aromatherapy