Please do NOT confuse Blue Tansy with Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare).
Blue Tansy because of its blue color and high content of azulene, this oil is closely related to other blue oils: German chamomile (Matricaria recucita), Yarrow (Achillea vulgaris) and to some extent Roman Chamomile (Anthmis nobilis).
Botanically, Blue Tansy is related to Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) which produces an oil that is neurotoxic if taken internally.
Topical safety status:
Non-skin irritant, non-sensitizing.
- Has been know to assist with emotional frustration, anger, irritability, agitation and sudden fits of rage.
- insomnia, restless sleep and nightmares.
- allergies and sensitivities i.e. itchy red skin rashes.
- aches and pains worse with stress
- muscle pains and shooting nerve pains.
Also, has been helpful in the following:
- insomnia, agitation, PMS
- varicose veins, phlebitis
Some suggested Synergistic combinations:
* Blue Tansy + German Chamomile: relaxant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory in conditions of pain, spasm, respiratory, rheumatic and dermatological conditions.
* Blue Tansy + Atlas Cedarwood: anti-inflammatory and a nervous sedative in a wide range of inflammatory conditions with anxiety and tension.
* Blue Tansy + Atlas Cedarwood: venous decongestant for varicose veins.
Other suggested combinations:
* Blue Tansy + Mandarin: nervous sedative for stress-related issues in general with tension, anxiety and insomnia.
* Blue Tansy + Lavender: in a wide range of inflammatory and pain conditions with anxiety and insomnia.
* Blue Tansy + Siberian fir: for respiratory (esp. asthmatic conditions)
* Blue Tansy + Patchouli: venous decongestant for varicose veins.
* Diffuser : 1 - 2 drops in water
* Massage Oil : 2- 4 % dilution in carrier Oil
- Movement : Circulating
- Warmth: Neutral to cool
- Meridian : Liver, Lung and heart
- Five-Element affinity: Wood, Fire
Essential Function: The activate the Qi, settle the Heart and calm the Shen.
(Lawrence 2001a p.48-51)
External use ONLY.
Do NOT use undiluted on the skin.
Store away from children and pets.