A clear, mobile liquid with is colorless to pale yellow.
Eucalyptus polybractea is the prime source of cineole rich eucalyptus oils.
Practical uses of Eucalyptus polybractea:
- recommended for the treatment of headaches.
- best known as a decongestant inhalation for colds.
- Eucalyptus oil and 1,8 cineole have been reputed to have antiseptic and expectorant properties.
Side note: When I quit smoking / after severe bronchitis I created a formula I call Clear Heated Lung (see our diffuser page) that I had wonderful success with.
- also, strong antibacterial activity against several strains of Streptococcus.
- the analgesic properties have been used to:
...... relieve insect bites
...... muscular aches and pains
According to TCM eucalyptus is an exceptional remedy for clearing lung-phlegm and wind-heat. (i.e. chronic bronchitis)
EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
Do not use undiluted on the skin.
Keep away from children & pets.
Store away from heat & light.
S. Battaglia - The Complete Guide to Aromatherapy
Information within this site is for educational purposes only. Statements about the product efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. The products mentioned within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As always, please consult your Medical Doctor for any medical advice or treatment.