Ravensara aromatica should not to be confused with Ravintsara (Cinnamomum camphora
) Family: Lauraceae.
Ravensara aromatica vs :: Ravintsara - Cinnamomum campora leaves
Odor Intensity: Medium
Evaporation Rate: Top Note
Properties: Antiseptic, Anti-viral, antibacterial, expectorant, anti-infection
- extremely well tolerated either by inhalation or applied topically.
- due to its strong antiviral action makes it the oils of choice for the treatment of influenza.
- excellent antiviral properties usage when treating the flu.
- As suggested by Phillipe Mailhebiau dilute in any carrier oil with Eucalyptus radiata and use as a massage rub if exhibiting flu like symptoms
- at the first sign of chills, fever, shivers or tiredness.
- blended with Calophyllum as one of the best treatment for shingles.
- as suggested by Dr. Vivian Lunny for treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome blend with Neroli and Myrtle.
- blended with Peppermint and Bay Laurel for people who no longer enjoy life.
Cautions & Contra indications:
Ravensara oil is non toxic, non irritant and non sensitizing.
External use ONLY.
Do NOT use undiluted on the skin.
Keep away from children & pets.
Store away from heat & light.
Salvatore Battaglia - Complete Guide to Aromatherapy